I have compiled 11 SEO checklist for Drupal site to make your Drupal website SEO friendly. Mostly, I am using these tips for my Drupal based classified site which I manage. I have observed improvement in traffic after applying these techniques. You are invited to suggest more tips if you think can be useful for me or other audience.
SEO Checlist is as follows -
1. Lets start with Content. Content is king. So make sure you are going to have quality content for your web page.
2. Make your Page Title search engine friendly and must content keyword used in the page.
3. Optimize each page for one or two keywords at max.
4. Upper left corner content is important so make sure you have good part of the content on the upper left corner.
5. Content page of the theme should come before anything else in your html (i.e. all sidebars, headers, toolbar etc. should come after content)
6. Try to add a link to your site in every post, if possible.
7. Meta description is important so don't forget to write good Meta description.
8. Add one H1 element to home page
9. Check Google webmaster frequently for any website error and fix it if there is any.
10. To get indexed instantly in Search Engine - Send RSS feed through Feedburner and have Feedburner ping Google Blogsearch.
11. Installation of Google Redirect in Drupal is must.