I am getting this message when i am trying to connect my laptop to wireless access point. "Wireless cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. If you want windows to configure this wireless connection, start the wireless zero configuration (WZC). For more information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the microsoft.com website."
I think you have got third party software installed in your laptop to configure the wireless adaptor. Third party software seems to have disabled the Microsoft's Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. You need to re-enable it.
Follow the steps below to enable the WZC on your laptop.
1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.
2. Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
4. In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.
Some wireless adapters' configuration software deletes the WZC service. If that is the case, you can try this fix by editing registry value.
Caution: Registry editing can be dangerous, use it on your own risk.
1. Click Start - Run and type reg. Then click OK.
2. Browse this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\WZCSVC
3. Then, create a DWORD value and name it "Start" and set it to 2.
Related Reading:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871122