Customize the Command Prompt in Windows
This explanation of customization of Command Prompt will apply for Windows Operating Systems
1. Open Command Prompt (Start ->Run->cmd or cmd.exe)
2. Left Click the upper left corner of the Command Prompt Window, and then Click Properties or use shortcut Alt+Spacebar+P to open properties directly (screenshot is shown)
3. Click the Options Tab; you can change Cursor Size, Command History Buffer Size and no. of buffers, Display options like Window or Full Screen, and Edit options
4. You can also change Font, Layout and Color by changing parameters in their respective Tabs
5. In the Apply Properties dialog box, there are two options – Apply properties to current Window Only and Save properties for future Windows. Select whichever option is suitable for you.