How to Promote Your Website for Free - A Beginner's Guide
Unfortunately, there is no shortcut way to promote your website and get decent traffic to your website. This beginners guide will provide you insight on how to promote your website and become successful. But, you need to work actively and follow the guidelines mentioned below for that. I believe that your website is ready and online. Next thing is to promote your site so that you can attract traffic towards your website. Only free and reliable methods are discussed to promote your site and which will bring traffic to your site.
1. Get your site work properly: This is very important thing to consider. Before you start promoting your site, you should make sure that your site is complete and well-structured. Otherwise, you won’t be able to retain the incoming visitors.
2. Optimize your site for Search Engines: After your site is ready for human, now the time has come to make it good for search engine so that spider can understand it and give it better ranking in search engine. Read Site Optimization for Search Engines to get more idea about it. This is one of the best and free ways to get visitors to your website. You should optimize your website to get better ranking in search engine.
3. Hand Submit to Search Engines: I strongly feel that you should submit your site manually to search engines. Search Engines may punish your site for automatic submission if you are using any robotic submission.
4. Hand Submit to Directories: There are many directories but two of them are very famous.
5. Links Exchange: The more sites that link to your site the higher your ranking in Google and some of the other search engines will be, but not all links are created equal. You should exchange links with people that have a website on a topic that's related to what your website is about. Otherwise, there is no use of that. That will not help you in SERP(Search Engine Ranking Page).
6. Paid Advertisement on Pay Per Click Search Engines: This is easy and fast way to attract traffic to your site. But it costs money. If you have budget then this is good option to go for. The beauty of PPCs is that you don’t have to wait for weeks and months to achieve a top ranking for your keyword. Technically, listing is free. Your ad will appear on Google, Yahoo and other search engine and you only have to pay for clicks not for page impression.